Imatex materials: Extruded acrylic (PMMA)
Extruded acrylic (PMMA)
Acrylex®, Plexiglas®, Perspex®, Crylon®, Akrylon®, Altuglas®, Plazcryl®, Vikuglas®, Crylon XT®, Quinn XT®,…
- Cheaper than cast acrylic.
- Thickness from 2 mm up to 25 mm.
- Virtually no thickness tolerance.
- Usually transparent or opal. Restricted colour range.
- Transparent PMMA allows through 94% of the light. More than glass.
- Normal thicknesses: 2-25 mm
- Extruded acrylic is prone to bi-axial shrinkage however which can produce bulging when folding.
Outside of the standard cast and extruded PMMA acrylic sheets, Imatex also offers other acrylic specialties, including acrylic mirror, high-impact resistant acrylic, anti-reflex and acrylic suitable for sunbeds.